Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland.
Contact: Email: email@example.com, Twitter: @aechchiki
Currently a PhD student in Evolutionary Genomics, trainer and teaching assistant at the University of Lausanne and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics. I enjoy understanding and benchmarking methods for large-scale genomic data, learning new approaches, implementing solutions for biological questions. My current research focuses on the analysis of a basal chordata species, providing (1) a better genome assembly and annotation and (2) an overview of the in-paralogs composition and synteny with sister vertebrate lineages. My passion about exchanging knowledge with fellow researchers translates into science outreach in form of (1) student-friendly workshop, (2) active participation online via forums and the Stack Exchange Network, (3) wikipedia integration. As life science trainer, I also organize, lead and teach institutional course and workshops.
Skills/Topics I Teach
- Introduction to Bioinformatics (Python, GUI tools)
- Bioinformatics for Genomics (R)
- Introduction to Programming (Python)
- Bioinformatics of Long Read Sequencing (Unix, CLI tools)
- Genome assembling with long reads applied to Eukaryotes (Unix, CLI tools)
Communities and Projects
- Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics – Training team
- ELIXIR – Training team